Synergy

Some months ago I upgraded my analog system extensively. My salesman recommended the Hana ML cartridge which I know is very highly thought of. I had been using the Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge which I accidentally destroyed, I sent the Virtuoso out to be retipped by SoundSmith and when I got it back tried to sell it on Audiogon and eBay. I couldn’t give it away at a ridiculous low price so I kept it. I used the Hana in my new system for months and was relatively happy until I realized I wasn’t getting great sound compared to my digital side.
So I got the bright idea of switching back to the Clearaudio Virtuoso. Voila, the system came to life after break in like never before. 
Just shows how components are synergy related.

128x128rvpiano

@rauliruegas 

I beg to disagree. I'm unstable because I have two daughters. They make me listen to Primus. 

@rvpiano The Maestro is more or less neutral. The Talisman V2 Gold is very bright. If you really want "not as bright", go with the Charisma. It leans towards the bass and is VERY dynamic. The Firebird will come roaring to life. A friend has the one I owned and loves it. It has a Gyger S stylus on a boron cantilever same as the Goldfinger. It is a dual magnet design so separation is very good. Some people think it is made by Audio Technica. I was assured it is made in Germany. It does have a similar design. 

I got a very good trade-in deal with my Virtuoso, so the Charisma would be more than twice the price.

I really think I have a logical solution to my problem.

Simple solution: Play ONLY records that sound good.  ‘
In classical that’s very hard.  A lot of great performances have mediocre sound. 
I would have to relinquish my audiophile label and just listen to the performance.

I don’t know if I can do that

@mijostyn : " It leans towards the bass.." that says to me not a good or to good performer.

No, you are unstable because you are as you said still in the " trip ". Every 2-4 months you post that " this or that is the Best cartridge ever heard " ( yes , years ago I was there. My posts and even threads confirm it. ) ). Never say different but the best that it just does not exist. Sorry for my reply, no pun intented now it was enough and you are a wise gentleman.

R.