Bananas rule, spades drool. End of discussion.

I just checked my speaker connections. All using bananas, all nice and tight.

The number of times I’ve had spades get loose instead though.....

Point is, and it really is kind of a tongue in cheek thing, bananas beat spades for long term reliability in almost all setups.  If you have to use a Cardas or Mundorf speaker terminal to ensure your spades stay tight it kind of proves my point.

erik_squires

@ghdprentice - TBH, I don’t care _that_ much about the subject, but a tight banana beats a loose spade every day of the week. 😁

The reason I thought to post this was I just realized how my connection problems went away when I switched to bananas.  I haven't had cabling problems for a couple of years exactly because I don't use spades.

A long time ago I mentioned I was for bananas and my oh my some feathers got ruffled. Good to see that's no longer the case. Spade connections that I've used  all worked themselves loose over time. Gremlins love messing with spades.

All the best,
Nonoise

Erik you went bananas. The spades in my system, both on pass amps and Wilson speakers, are as tight as nun’s ponytail. Never ever had spades work themselves loose. In any of the iterations of my system. 

@audphile1 

Chuckle.. yeah, I have not had a spade come loose on a Pass amp… oh, I think it is those enormous hand cranks they have on them. I really appreciate those… 👍 Pass.