Humminguru record cleaner

Almost all of my records are in NM condition, so I didn’t think I needed a record cleaner to replace my VPI 16.5. Also, my record surfaces are virtually silent.. But I was intrigued by the ultrasonic cleaners out there. So I bought one with the probability of a return. The results are amazing. This device cleans the records so well it’s like adding a new component to my system. And it’s only $500. With my already clean records I didn’t need the Degritter which is several times more expensive.

I recommend it highly.

128x128rvpiano

@dogberry Great. Thanks..Do you ever find static electricity built up after the 1st cleaning?  

Great thread!  I currently use a cheap and cheerful KAB record cleaner with a canister vacuum attached.  I have been eyeing the Humminguru, as I like the principal of US cleaning, and the all-in-one automated aspect, especially the drying feature.  One question: Most Amazon reviews are positive, but a few negative reviews gave me pause.  Perhaps stealth marketing from competing machine manufacturers?  Some say the frequency is too low to be effective, and others say it just didn't clean their records. Any thoughts on these negative reviews?

@bondmanp 

i know of no downside to this cleaner.  I was very surprised to discover it actually improved the SQ of records.  Its frequency is evidently not too low to be effective. And it’s very easy to operate.