Ayon CD-2 sonics? thoughts? opinions?

I heard Ayon released the CD-2 at CES .
It's previously only been available in Europe.

Anyone hear it ? see it?
thoughts or opinions welcomed
don
donpark1439
jwm to be honest I have never heard a stock 128 or 168.I wanted to go with the Ayon at first but had the budget restriction.
I read some reviews on the modded Raysonics called Walter and he advised me to go with the fully modded 128 and I was impressed from first listen.
A friend let me borrow his CD-1 which had stock tubes in at the time and it was certainly impressive.It did not have the option of upsampling on/off and I agree I prefer the sound of the 128 with upsampling off.
The CD 128 also uses four 6922 tubes instead of a mix of 6H30 and 6922 tubes which made it easier for me to tweak.
as I have a nice selection of nos 6922 tubes to choose from.For me the modded 128 was the best choice.
Another member in this thread said that the Ayon CD-2 will have the option of defeating the upsampling which is good but it will use four Russian 6H30 tubes and nos 6H30 tubes which I have heard to be better cost a nice piece of change.
bobf
I just looked at Ayon's website and the CD-1 was gone. Looks like the CD-2 is its replacement.
I emailed Ayon Audio USA www.ayonaudiousa.com and they told me that the Ayon CD-1 will still be available in the North America. They explained that eventually the CD-1 will go to the CD-1S, a lees expensive model, no balanced XLR, different chassis & look, a lower cost different unit altogether. The CD-2 is coming out in North America in mid February 09. Retail is $5500.
For those interested, I just purchased a CD-2 from Paul at USA Tube Audio in Arizona. He has a very high opinion of the CD-1, and they have a sale on their limited stock of CD-1 players that is so good I almost couldn't pass it up to get the CD-2.

For those interested, I just purchased a CD-2 from Paul at USA Tube Audio in Arizona.

Aggielaw - you must post a review after it arrives. It looks like a great product. I realize it will take a month to break in, but you should have a handle on it after a few days. Thanks.