Smaller plug-in AC Purifiers -- Shunyata, iFi, Puron...something else? What do you like?

I like the Shunyata Venom Defender. It does a good job of reducing noise in my outlets.

I'm wondering if others have tried similar, plug in products — such as the Puron Power Filter or the iFi AC Purifier or something else.

128x128hilde45

I don’t go for the small passive power conditioners because it seems nary a one explains how it produces audible reduction of noise, which may not even be audible in the first place if it’s not measured on the premises ad hoc. For me, the lack of functional info (or patents? Do some of these have associated patents I didn’t see?) is a problem barring commitment of my time and money.

I do use Clef Audio Power Bridge 10’s. They allegedly filter this and that, but they definitely serve as surge protectors, and the latter’s what I wanted.

The Clef’s are also decent for catching bona fides in the “you gotta have a power conditioner” community 🧐

my system was plenty noisy. i tried the ifi AC purifier. tried it every way they suggested. it did absolutely nothing.
isotech isobar and the 4-outlet richard grey help. 

Just curious: using a Monster Power HTUPS 2700 Home Theater Surge Protection and UPS. 

Does it do anything to reduce noice, improve sound, or just a glorified UPS and surge protector?

Furman P-1800 PF R

another vote for Furman, you want the PF R version, has 45A reserve for instant peaks of program material

Usually on sale somewhere, now B&H

I do like the big units due to volt reg max min and surge protection it has save big bucks on shutdown during stoms.they live to sing another day.