Yamamoto YDA 01 DAC

Is there any Agoner have this Yamamoto dac and could share his comments on how its sound?
Thanks
ben
Hi,
Staehli, sorry to hear about your problems with the Metrum. Ironically the upper frequency performance of the DAC is cited as one of it`s strenths in reviews and feedback from nearly all early owners.No etch,edge or brightness(yet very high resolution) per impressions.

Another example of how no component pleases everyone`s ears or works well in all systems. I hope to finally have my re-shipped Metrum Octave very soon and compare for myself.

Staehli I agree that home auditions(with return policy ) is the ideal situation.
Has anyone heard or considered the Acoustic Plan DAC? It is a NOS architecture with separate power supply and discrete tube output stage.

I heard the Acoustic Plan DAC recently and was impressed.

Staehli, you might find this more to your tastes but it costs a bit more than the MA DAC. I sure hope your DAC settles down a bit. Your description is frightening!
Charles,
it is indeed ironic especially since I'm comparing it to a DAC that is said to be on the cold/bright side of neutral... Until now I thought that a DAC is an unlikely source for a system mismatch.
Well, per UPS my Metrum Octave should arrive today. If so I`ll post out of the box impressions and then followup after appropriate burn-in.