Yamamoto YDA 01 DAC

Is there any Agoner have this Yamamoto dac and could share his comments on how its sound?
Thanks
ben
Hi all
A vew weeks ago I wrote about my first impressions of the Metrum DAC and mentioned - besides some positive aspects - the loose bass and the ill defined treble. I was sure, these shortcomings would vanish during the break in period but the contrary happened, especially in the hights. S and z sounds are almost unbearable now. They're completely bleached and my initial remark that they sound a bit like pink noise is even more pronounced now. I tried different cables but the outcome stayed the same so I borrowed the DAC to a friend with a Lawry DAC, ATC pre and active ATC 50s. He could have tried it for a week but gave it back after two days with the same results. Now I'm back to my old DAC. For future purchases I'll insist on a home audition.
Hi,
Staehli, sorry to hear about your problems with the Metrum. Ironically the upper frequency performance of the DAC is cited as one of it`s strenths in reviews and feedback from nearly all early owners.No etch,edge or brightness(yet very high resolution) per impressions.

Another example of how no component pleases everyone`s ears or works well in all systems. I hope to finally have my re-shipped Metrum Octave very soon and compare for myself.

Staehli I agree that home auditions(with return policy ) is the ideal situation.
Has anyone heard or considered the Acoustic Plan DAC? It is a NOS architecture with separate power supply and discrete tube output stage.

I heard the Acoustic Plan DAC recently and was impressed.

Staehli, you might find this more to your tastes but it costs a bit more than the MA DAC. I sure hope your DAC settles down a bit. Your description is frightening!