Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

JA - congratulations on this forum and on the likes of unsound and pops chiming in after all this time. 2024 is bringing some tangible fruition. Long, slow trudge, with so many lessons learned and alliances made. I thank all of you who have taken on your various tasks and contributed your knowledge and shared your outcomes.

My best wishes to all. Tom

tomthiel

Thank You for the kind words. I have a feeling that 2024 will bring much joy for fans and owners of Thiel Loudspeakers here and on other Audio forums.

Happy Listening!

2024 is bringing some tangible fruition

@tomthiel Best wishes for 2024. I hope you are able to bring your sonic advances to a larger audience this year. I will testify to the notably improved sound quality via passive parts upgrades under your guidance. Curious to know more about your wire advances. You might recall I was really pleased with the Cardas hookup wire and binding posts on my build. But it sounds like you have something you like even more!

@beetlemaina - good to see you. Your nod to Cardas led to their inclusion in this winding journey, where I ended with their 'chassis wire', which I consider a masterpiece of innovative engineering. Straightwire, Iconoclast, Morrow, Kimber, Fishman and MIT physics have also contributed knowledge, expertise, samples and guidance.

Interesting that all of you beta rebuilders have replaced Thiel stock wire, all being pleased. I agree with your perceived need. It would take a book to sift through the particulars; but suffice to say that my solution contains multiple elements of new art and addresses the shortcomings of Thiel's wire without sacrificing an iota of its intention and successes. I'm sorry that I can't expound.

My guiding lights include correctness and cost-effectiveness, which doesn't translate as rejecting better if too expensive. My cost-effective solution is better than anything I've experienced for my purposes of correct transmission of audio signal. Yes, I'm pleased.

One of my development input streams is my recording. I record acoustic music in real time and space, very simply and directly. A pair of mics flat to 50kHz on a separating disc of Golden Proportion and non-diffractive / non-reflective surfaces. The 8' cable pair feeds a SoundDevices recorder at 32bit/192kHz without any protection, manipulation, or post processing. The SSD recording is the mic feed. Comparing and evaluating recordings with various cables (the only cables in the chain) has been extremely helpful in an extremely complex maze. I am confident that you will at least enjoy and I hope support my cables.

After the better part of a year of rejections, I have found an american cable manufacturer willing to take on the particulars required. We're getting started now and will have beta samples within the foreseeable future (God willing and the creek don't rise.)  We'll announce here. 

beetlemania

Good to see you here in 2024.  We really must talk one day about your DIY build.

Happy Listening!