Speaker Cables : Moderate priced

I am about to embark on upgrading speaker cables ( long over due ).  Currently use Tributaries 12 awg UL copper cable.  I need a long run for one speaker ( about 20 feet) and this has impacted the budget.  I hope to spend around 1500 dollars.  Looking for a musical tonally rich sound.  I am not a detail nut.

Looking at the usual options:  triode Wire, Audio Art Copper, Ice Age, Luna cables to name a few.

Wonder what the crowd has experienced in this price range; and open to new suggestions.

mdrone

@retrocrownfan ​​​​​@vernv . . . +1 and +1.

Plenty good, designed for what we use them for.

No need for anything else imho.  I would add canare to the short list.

@chrisr 

Yes for sure. The Canare line is also available at BJC if I remember correctly.

I think Mogami and Canare share some good attributes as pro audio gear that carry over to home audio. They seem to be low capacitance, well shielded cables that provide durable low noise connections in studio and live performance usesand are priced according to that market’s business to business value limits. In bulk for speakers they’re real bargains. I think I have only have about $500 total spent in cables and have enjoyed a significant improvement in my listening at a good price by shopping around outside the audiophile arena. I splurged a iittle on a 75 ohm coax cable between my DAC streamer and my un-powered preamp switch after I read a little bit about how to manage line level digital gain into older amps. Modern DAC output is a little hot compared to vintage amp line levels, it turns out :)

Life long DIYer, been running nothing but Canare interconnects for around 25 years and never bother with anything else, cheap to build, sound superb in mobile and home audio, single ended and balanced. I have never tried their speaker cables, just used the proper gauge of OFC and been quite happy but will have to give the Canare a try, cheap to build as well and I bet I like them just fine. I build my own speakers and can tune them to sound how I like, no need to spend big money to make my system sound different. I do prefer a neutral, balanced, smooth sound, why I normally use tube amps and AKM based DACs.