McIntosh is now inside a Jeep luxury car.

Is this a good thing for the company? It's a nice looking set up inside the car but it's a Jeep. Couldn't they have found a better partner, maybe jaguar or Mercedes or maybe even a Volvo.

emergingsoul

I'm curious. Recognizing the number of automobile glass reflective surfaces and unique design of the cockpit, do the installed high-end audio systems take these factors into account? [NOTE: I own a late model MBz with a factory installed Harmon Kardon set-up. I also own a 2002 Ford Focus purchased for commuting to the Pentagon shortly after the 9-11 attacks. The Ford Focus has an unbranded CD player. I rely on my home audio systems for immersive and critical music listening.]

I wish you and your loved ones peace, love, and contentment in 2024.   

Jeeps are horribly unreliable.  Just check the Consumer Reports reliability stats. Second, there’s hardly a worse environment for audio given the external noise and the internal room/acoustics.  Oh yeah, and then you’re sitting right in front of the far right or far left speakers, which is absolutely absurd.  I mean, would you sit right in front of your left or right speaker in your home system?  So what’s really the point of paying up for a higher-level audio system in a car?  It’s extremely compromised on many levels, so why even bother?

They put that nice stereo in there so you can enjoy it while waiting for the tow truck.

The biggest problem with Jeep and other US vehicles that they contain 90% parts built in PRC and it really doesn't matter how much the junk worth. It's still a junk.