Late-80's Philips CD Player Disc Errors

I have a made in Belgium Philips CD770 CD Player that I bought new in 1987-88 which has worked perfectly since new... and still does, on older CD's... seems that some, not all, newer CD's are causing it to report a 'disc error' when reading the CD or only on certain tracks of a CD... older CDs in my collection play perfectly.... example: all of my Enya CD's play fine, however the new one which I just recv'd for Xmas will not play at all... Tracy Chapman's original and subsequent CDs are OK up to the new 'Telling Stories' which I can only play tracks 1-4... again, these are not 'skips' but a reported 'disc error' and refusal to play the track(s) at all... I really like this player (currently in my office system) and I believe it has the dual 16-bit Philips TD1541(A) DAC's.. not sure about the transport mechanism number since the case has never been opened and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot if info on this particular model on the web for some reason... anyway, I'm looking for some info here from someone who may have had a similar issue perhaps before I replace this unit (good deals on a NAD T585 universal player to be had at the moment... would this be a good replacement for my older entry-level hi-fi? Adcom GFA535/GTP400/Polk Audio Monitor 5b's) Thanks in advance.
smjcolsga
After a cleaning to innards, re-check those cds. Remember the newer cds have that anti-pirate codec, I have several that will not play on my vintage Sony ES player...
The case has never been opened. What would be involved in this procedure (is it a DIY?) and why would it help fix errors reading only the newer discs? Older CD's read and play fine. not being difficult, just trying to understand before I go tearing things up.
Hmm... both of the newer CD's mentioned above have a FBI Anti-Piracy Warning Label on them... Telling Stories (Tracy Chapman) on Altlantic and And Winter Came (Enya) on he Reprise Records Label... you may be onto something here..
See if the will play in your CD/DVD computer drive. If they will that may be the problem.