Another Best sounding room

in Newport this time. Vandersteen again won the cost no object mention in Robert Harley's show break down. Heard it was a great show. Lot's of cool new gear. Congrats to all those who were mentioned.

Best Sound (Cost no object): As good as many systems sounded, my vote for Best of Show goes to the Optimal Enchantment room with Vandersteen Model 7 Mk.II speakers driven by Vandersteen’s radical new liquid-cooled M7-HPA amplifiers. Credit also goes to the Audio Research phonostage and preamp, Basis Inspiration turntable (with the Basis Super Arm), and AudioQuest cabling.
ctsooner
I've heard that more than a couple of times. I know someone who gets everything from Randy and feels the same about him as may of us do about Johnny Rutan at Audio Connections in Verona, NJ.
I've bought equipment in both stores. I used to live in West Orange, NJ and was a customer at AC even before Hart sold it to John (dating myself, I guess). I remained a customer after the store changed hands. I got my original Quicksilver 8417s from Hart and my Cary 805s from John. I've also purchased a bunch of stuff from Randy at Optimal Enchantment after I moved to Santa Monica. I can confirm that both John and Randy are very nice guys and a pleasure to do business with. Nice to see the shout-outs here.
Very cool Marty. Glad there are some posts about favorite shop owners who keep us going. They are still so important to we hobbyists.
Marty, I'm jealous! Santa Monica is beautiful, and hard to find a vacancy in. I come in once a month from the desert, bringing my mother-in-law to 20th and SM Blvd. for her Chemo treatments. I bring my dog and we walk along Pacific Coast Highway on the cliffs above the beach while she gets her treatment. Randy is right down by PCH himself, on the second floor of a nice building. I bought an ARC LS1 from him a looong time ago, and still have it. I love the mode switch!
I lived in San Diego and Bruce at stereo unlimited was awesome. Yet another VAndy dealer and I wasn't even into those back in the 80's lol