Recommendations to a small room setup

Hello everyone,

Im setting up a system in my apartment this coming fall and just wanted some extra input from those much more knowledgable in this field than I am.

My living room is fairly small (~200sqft) so I am looking for speakers for this size.

I have looked at Dynaudio Excite X12s, Magnepan MMGs, Dali Zensor 3s, etc. But honestly, they all seem pretty good to me.

I was suggested against the NAD C165BEE and NAD C275BEE setup for any small speaker setup (maybe except for the MMGs), so I would love some input on electronics setup as well. What do you guys think about the Marantz SR7009??

Finally, I will be mainly listening to alot of pop, indie, ballad, jazz, blues, acoustics, and EDM. Also, I hope to have the speakers and electronics I purchase to be pretty decent when watching movies/TV shows.

Thank you!
davidthepark
I will suggest Totem Arros for speakers. McCormack DNA .5 and a passive pre. Use any source your comfortable with and you should have a killer little setup.
Yep. 200 sq. ft. could be any number of shapes. 10x20 is one, but so is 13x15 or 12.5x16. Hopefully it's not a 14.142' square for standing wave concerns. Actually, 10x20 would be problematic that way too.

Anyway, 13x15 (for example) has quite a bit more breathing room than a 10x11 or 11x12.

The GoldenEar Aon 2 or 3 on stands would occupy this room size with ease and wouldn't need a sub. Some of the small footprint floorstanders could work well too, such as the Silverline Prelude or Prelude Plus, or the Focal 816V Chorus or 826V Chorus.

Of course, I also like the Magnepan offerings, and you may even have room for the new .7 over the MMG.

In fact, here's a very favorable review from Steve Guttenberg at C-Net where he auditioned the Maggie .7s in an 11’x12’ (121 sq. ft.) apartment room to great success. 200 sq ft should be a breeze by comparison.

As for amps, I already mentioned that the NAD integrateds (e.g., C356BEE) are good for this application. If you go Marantz, get the PM8005 integrated. That's a nice-sounding amp and would be a good match for the room and speakers under discussion.
true on the calculation of the sq footage but in any event 200sq feet is not small by my standards anyway :)

now if it were 200cu ft THAT would be small