Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

In your experience, would it be worth it to spend extra money for more watts with the Thiel 2.4, even if mostly listening at lower volumes? I’m currently looking at a used Bryston 4b st (500 watts into 4 ohm) vs the 3b model (300 watts into 4 ohm).

lars88888

I have heard both of those Bryston amps. Which Pre-Amp do you plan to use?

Happy Listening!

biannuzzi22

Thank You for the follow up w/ Rob at CSS.  Do you have any other Amp consideration(s) beside Peachtree ?

Happy Listening!

biannuzzi22

Good to read that you had a positive consultation with Rob at CSS. Thank You for citing the Protectant 303 and Silver solder.

Happy Listening!

Jafant, I'm currently using a JK Acoustics Passive 5, which is an old school design from The Netherlands. Very minimalist when it comes to the number of components.

Great to hear that you've experienced both, I'd bee interested to hear your experiences! Since I'm in no real rush to upgrade, I'm also considering holding out for a hybrid design which runs on pure class A when little power is required.