Channel Islands Squeezebox Power Supply?

Associated Equipment:
-Logitech SB3 Stock (.Wav or .AIFF via WIFI)
-dCS Purcell Upsampler (to DSD)
-dCS Delius DAC
-Mark Levinson 336 Stereo Amp
-B&W N802 Speakers
-Transparent Power Bank Ultra
-Transparent Reference Interconnects, Digital Link, and Speaker Cable

Question:

What impact would replacing the stock Squeezebox power supply with the Channel Islands VDC-SB have on the digital out performance?
blackstonejd
I have the VDC-SB and I believe the improvements are modest. I have only had the VDC a couple of weeks, so there still could be some break-in. Also, I use a monarchy upsampler between the SB and my CDP, so the effects may be masked so some degree. I need to remove the monarchy and see if I can better detect the impact of the VDC, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I would suggest looking at the Bolder Audio mods to the player and their power supplies, both of which have been well reviewed. There's a forum over at Audiocircle.com.

As to the transporter, if you're using the digital out into your DAC, the transporter's not worth the extra expense, IMHO.
I have the CI power supply and it was a noticable improvement over the wall wart in both detail and soundstage, as well as improved bass slam and low level resolution. I also upgraded the umbilical with a Revelation Audio cable. They were both installed at the same time so may have something to do with it. I use a Shunyata Alpha Taipan on the CI. Well worth the investment. I had not used my FM tuner while I had the wall wart installed but have heard some say the wall wart causes interference.
An advantage of the Transporter, independent of its DAC section, is it will pass 24/96 files, if that's important to you.
I use a Bolder power supply with my SB3. The difference between the stock wall wart and a "proper" power supply is huge. More slam, more bass, more detail. A big improvement in every way.
Cerrot and Ecruz, you guys are both using the digital out into an outboard DAC, correct?