2-Way Advice: Magico S1,YG Carmal,Diablo Utopia

Guys I've been considering a speaker swap. Have found that I love 2-ways.

I didn't really know this until I started listening to different speakers and kept liking them more, much more than the fulls.

They present a different perspective that I prefer. I don't listen real loud and have a med size 2500 cubic foot room and I much prefer tight and accurate, faster more defined bass and don't need the real deep low stuff. I love how they image and disappear and make the music more alive to me. Listen to Jazz, Acoustic, Blues, mello rock, Indie, some classic, the usual phile stuff..

I have it boiled down to a few and really would love your opinions. Buying used and they are all over the country and just can't listen to all of them. I know listen first is best and would love to if I could. They are all within $500 of each other price wise with shipping to me.

Have you guys heard any of these and what you might think of these??

Magico S1 Black

YG Carmal 1 Silver

Focal Diablo Utopia III - Silver

Sonus Faber Guameri Momento

Langerton Configuration 217

Tannoy DC10A

Ascendo System F (Only non 2-way I'm considering)

Any info or feedback or recommendations would really be appreciated!!!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
Raidho has three basic ranges of speakers--the top line is the D series, the mid-line C series, and a new X series. I have heard two of the X series speakers at a dealer--one is a very tiny 2-way that sells for somewhere in the $7,500 range and a much larger floorstanding speaker that is a 3-way (somewhere around $37,000, I believe). They have not put out other speakers in this low-end range that are comparable to the C & D series speakers, but, I would expect that they will shortly. The C & D series have floorstanding 2-ways, so it might be the case that a new X series speaker will come out that will be close in price to the likes of the Carmel and S1.
For those interested in Raidho but find them out of their price range, you should check out Scansonic speakers. They are designed by the same team with very similar technology but at significantly lower prices.
Bill_k,
Are there any dealers in the US? What is their top speaker and how much does it cost?
I know about the Magico, YG, and Sonus Faber.

The Magico and YG are dry and brittle for my taste - but some love that sort of thing so should not be dismissed on that account - however be sure to audition before buying. The Sonos Faber are good - but IMHO way over priced and over hyped for what you get. I know a speaker maker that has had a number of SF in his shop to work on and when you open them up the quality of parts for a high end speaker is disgraceful.

Don't know the others. However the speaker I would add to your list is the Rockport Alya. For me, although I have not heard that particular Rockport, Rockports in general float my boat better than SF, Magico and YG.