New pre-amplifier?

I ordered a new new pre-amplifier from a dealer and they’re going to send it to me directly from the manufacturer which is fine.

However, how do I know this isn’t a used component that was sent back to the factory for recertification and a technical review or even a repair on a defective return by a previous customer and then sent out as a new product. The dealer has title to the product I believe so the manufacturer is just accommodating and working very closely with the dealer. I know that used products are often sold with a full warranty if done through a dealer and represented as such, which is fine. I assume these types of things are not like a car that has a master repair history connected to it? If I buy a new product how am I assured it's a new product?

Dealers tend to use manufacturing sites to warehouse products waiting for shipment to a customer at times. It can be mysterious. one manufacturer was willing to send me new equipment without involvement of a dealer, which is fine with me but certainly the dealers would have a problem with this.

emergingsoul

I have bought many items from dealers that have been shipped direct from the manufacturer. It’s called drop shipping. I prefer that method, it saves time and the shipping cost!!

Drop shipping is a form of retail business in which the seller accepts customer orders without keeping stock on hand. Instead, in a form of supply chain management, the seller transfers the orders and their shipment details either to the manufacturer, a wholesaler, another retailer, or a fulfillment house, which then ships the goods directly to the customer.

@yyzsantabarbara 

I buy refurbished over new if given the option. I learned this from my IT buddies

Interesting. What is the rationale given by the IT advisors? Heighten scrutiny?

Charles

Normally I would say you're getting some good advice here, but how do you know we are not part of the conspiracy?

@soix Agreed. I’d go further and suspect this post as a kind of "fake concern trolling." One posts about some fabricated issue just to see if they can get weigh-in. The sort of game where you see if you can trick someone into spending their time on your fake-problem. Seems to be working.

Of course, the more pathetic alternative is that this is not a put-on, but genuine, in which case pity is the more appropriate emotion.