Goertz still the choice with Vandersteen?

Looking through past threads, it seems Vandy users saw a good fit between solid core wire the likes of Audioquest and anti cable and their Vandys. Also saw threads from the past that Goertz used to be the favorite choice among solid state amp users as well. Anyone with experience can share their thoughts?
asturias00
Austrias00-

go w/ the AQ cables. I especially like the DBS models, older is fine. These are very neutral cables that integrate well into any set-up. Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
Bomb, yes the conversation lasted an hour at least. I don't think I said more than ten words during the whole conversation. I know that he was talking about being able to take four measurements that are basic physics. I'm sure that you know what they are, but I'm sorry I don't. I could have sworn he said square wave and he did talk about capacitance of the cable being as low as possible and he spoke about using various materials to shield the cables. He then spoke about finishing the connections properly so that you don't loose information there. I am sure you are correct in regards to phase alignment. For some reason I thought he said time alignment also, but you would know more than I based on your response.

As for silver, I do understand enough metallurgy to realize that if the wire isn't handled properly, it won't sound good no matter what you do with it. I know some smaller manufacture's of silver cable who know how to use it, but I've only found one who I trust and in the end, I need a totally neutral cable for my system as I've spent way too much getting my components correct. The AQ DBS cables work really well as others have said and there is a reason that nearly every VAndy dealer sells them. Just getting back on track of the thread, but thanks for your response and clearing up a few things in my post.
Statements that an audio cable or component can or cannot "pass a square wave" are often bandied about in relation to audio, but without specific QUANTITATIVE elaboration they are meaningless and potentially misleading.

Depending on the frequency of the square wave, on the transition times between its higher voltage and lower voltage states (i.e., its risetimes and falltimes), on the time-scale at which it is observed, on the degree of degradation of the square wave that is considered to be the threshold between passing it and not passing it, and on whether the degree of degradation corresponding to that threshold has any likelihood of being audibly significant, either every cable in the known universe or no cables in the known universe or any number of cables in between can be considered to be able to "pass a square wave."

Since in this case the person making the statement was an engineer and audio designer he presumably and hopefully was basing his statement on parameters that are meaningful in the context of audio. But even if we make that assumption, the degree of degradation of the waveform corresponding to the threshold between passing and not passing a square wave will be debatable, with it being possible to make a technically plausible case in support of a wide range of characteristics.

Finally, the ability of a cable to "pass a square wave" may be significantly dependent on the output impedance of the particular component which is driving it, to a greater or lesser degree depending, again, on the various parameters I've referred to above. Although that possibility is most likely to be applicable to interconnect cables, rather than speaker cables which are being discussed here.

So I would take any such statements with grains of salt liberally applied.

Regards,
-- Al