Vinyl record storage in Harvey's office, Suits TV show

Does anyone know what the make of record storage furniture shown on the TV show "Suits", in Harvey's office is? Maybe just made for the show, but If it's commercially available I'd love to know.

Jim

jim94025

The fictional Harvey probably has speakers built into the walls or on them. I’m in the middle years of the show but I think he did play music once or twice, jazz.

Hey, I don’t think it is anything special being that the turntable is not very expensive. Even the cartridge is a MM Ortofon Red. That’s a $99 cartridge. The speakers are basic Klipsch speakers that changed to Wharfdale. I just can’t imagine playing those nice records on a conical stylus. I did hear some records played on the show but most likely it was a digital copy that was inserted. Not a digital record. It is a good question about what model is the record rack? Most likely it was made for the show. 

It annoyed me terribly that the records were not perfectly vertical. Great show until Mike & Rachel left.

Today the use of Vinyl being portrayed in the World of TV and Film, usually suggests an individual with the interest, has an above normal standard of education and sophistication, usually somebody who is unique in what they have achieved in life or career.

Even Captain Kirk has a Valve and Vinyl Set Up in the year 2259, it looks like the use of a Vinyl Set Up being a visual impact of suggesting an individual is quite unique, will be with us for a long time.

I wonder why Kirk chose Vinyl over Nano Electro Magnetic Transferred recordings, with an Archive of 400 years of recording available at ones thought command 😁    

https://thespinoff.co.nz/pop-culture/14-04-2016/whats-actually-in-harveys-record-collection-gabriel-macht-reveals-a-shocking-suits-secret

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1070532566/swedish-vinyl-cabinet-vinyl-storage?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_a-home_and_living-furniture-living_room_furniture-console_tables_and_cabinets&utm_custom1=_k_CjwKCAjw15eqBhBZEiwAbDomEraYZ_t_-aMG_EyzDOnqTsbeCvpiFSnvIiGSw5Spyt-d7Pa052vUpRoCZtYQAvD_BwE_k_&utm_content=go_12581945440_119090499785_507889767115_pla-306108643849_c__1070532566engb_493726548&utm_custom2=12581945440&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw15eqBhBZEiwAbDomEraYZ_t_-aMG_EyzDOnqTsbeCvpiFSnvIiGSw5Spyt-d7Pa052vUpRoCZtYQAvD_BwE