Have There Ever Been Fake Koetsu?

There are as few trusted grey market sellers like 2Juki. I have always wondered why he can sell a Koetsu at about 1/3 of what the US importer lists it at. Yes I understand the markup is pretty high for the US side, and that certainly accounts for all of it. 

This question is not about 2Juki, but rather a second hand Koetsu. There happens to be an attractively priced Jade Platinum on this site, and its from a long time member. It has caught my eye. 

But I do wonder if there are Koetsu out there floating around in the 2nd hand market that are not real...fakes. 

Any thoughts or experiences?

neonknight

@scm 

The pictures are of a legit Koetsu. Seller is in Japan, so you'll probably get a legit Koetsu. I thought the "Signature" model had the different body shape and metal cover with "lip" like the higher end Urushi & RSP, but it they might have made it like the standard Rosewood more recently - I'm not familiar with that part of the line. 

@mulveling ..Thanks, I`ve been helping my buddy find a cartridge that would be a step up over his nearly worn out ZYX Ultimate 100.

He did buy that one and it will be interesting to see how it sounds.

Thanks Again

Steve