speakers for small room

I have a small living room. My amp is an Accuphase powering some Harbeth P3ESRs and a KEF KC62 subwoofer. Sounds great for acoustic and jazz. However, I also like big symphonic works and the Harbeths don't cut it for that. I'm looking for something more dynamic and something that can push more air to give me that grand experience of listening to big works. Any recommendations? Assume a budget of $10000.

TIA

ullogu1

On the particular Lyngdorf unit if you play vinyl just be aware is digitizes everything. If you can get over that it sounds awesome, sounds like vinyl should. 

I recommended Pulsars earlier, but if your room can handle floorstanders I’d recommend the Perspective 2 as it’ll give you a bit more scale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/335044644401

Another possibility would be Spatial Audio speakers that are a dipole design and are very good at scaling up depending on the music.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650006747-spatial-audio-x3/

Just a couple more options for you to chew on. 

I missed the fact your room is open on one side.  So it appears you listen in an area that is smaller than the overall room side.  Seems like more information is needed.  Duke brings up several things to be taken into consideration.  To start, I think we need to know the overall room size and which wall is open in relation to the speakers and your listening position.

Small rooms do not mean small speakers. I really enjoy my 7 foot triangle of Klipsch, Cornwall and a small SVS micro 3000 subwoofer. You save money because you can buy yourself a nice little wattage tube amplifier and get the job done with dynamics and clarity and soundstage that will satisfy. 

I never answer any question for suggestion about speakers...

I dont have experience save with a few speakers brand ... Many here know more...

(But i know a bit about acoustic ...Few people ever tuned their room ... )

Because i did not want also to add another suggestion to a string of suggestions all different from all users... 😊

The other reason is for a small room any relatively good speakers will be tremendously upgraded in a small dedicated room by acoustic embeddings... But acoustic embeddings is not buying few panels and calling that purchase job done... People underestimate completely acoustics power... They think their room is already good even if the room is not designed around specfic speakers...

Another reason is my own cheap but good modified speakers ( the brand name does not matter for my purpose here ) became so good, i will be labelled a "liar" and a "tin foil hat" if i advocate them, with specific volume and diameter bundle of straws in the porthole and cardboard roll on the tweeter to increase the focus on the near listening position.. Add to that "my golden plates" homemade (shungite and copper tape on one side) as EMI blocker among other thinks all along with quartz around my speakers and connectors ...

I decrease crosstalk mechanically with separating wood panel because my speakers are on my desk , it is not perfect but it gives me a soundstage out of the speakers, depth and imaging... My speakers are damped and all connectors under "golden plate"... I use a NOS battery dac TDA 1543 to balance these active speakers analytic side ...The result is a natural timbre with details but no fatigue at all ...

It is useless i recommend my speakers here which i never used for music for 12 years because i hated them, even if they were well reviewed everywhere ; i hated them BEFORE creating all these modifications and a dedicated acoustic room around them, i did it all that for them in the last 6 months because i had no more other speakers after selling my house ...Now i loved them and i am afraid to replace them even with 1000 thousand bucks to do it...

If someone had  bought my well reviewed low cost speakers WITHOUT all these opmization and modifications he would like me 12 years ago call them "crap" or  low-fi with lack of bass at 80 hertz and a muddled one ...I go now 50 hertz with total clarity and punch... No need for a sub at all ...

Therefore what would be the reason for me to recommend any speakers because i dont believe too much in any reviews here anyway , when people are often unable to adress acoustic and optimization but always bought something to merely plug them and play ? And the costlier always must be the better...

I smile and pity because we pay for acoustics ignorance and embeddings control lacks ... It is more fun to learn and create our heaven than to think we can buy it without investing TIME in learning experiments ...

Someone for example who sell IMPROVED speakers posted music from his improved speakers on youtube; listening to it i prefer my files on my small optimized speakers because it seems on par ....This does not prove that my speakers modified are on par with his costlier product, no, i dont claim that , but this prove that my acoustic room/speakers is not far behind with active speakers modified which cost me 100 bucks 12 years ago ...😊

i will recommend to the OP acoustic experiments and not any costly speakers BEFORE studying...

it seems  for some i am deluded😁 because i am one of the few people happy passed this minimal acoustic threshold satisfaction where going further we pay a lot for a bit improvement on all acoustic factors ... What matter is the BALANCE between all acoustic factors, which balance can be reach at low cost modulo modifications, optimizations and acoustic ...

I wrote this post for people with very low budget here to say that studying help to go a long way with low cost good products... Hope for the best and study, experiment, and be creative... It pay a lot...