Integrated amplifier for Fritz Speakers

Hi All,

I started a discussion about "Monitors for 14 x 20 Room" back last November. There was a lot of good advice and Fritz Speakers kept being positively mentioned.

At the time, I thought WAF would be low for a larger sized monitor. Now I think I have the stage set for Fritz speakers and am thinking either new Carreras or Carbons. 

I would prefer an integrated amp because it is one less piece of equipment io place in in a constrained space.

I would also prefer solid state to solid state, in order to have this system as problem free as possible.

Your ideas and suggestions, please 

Dsper

dsper

@dsper - if those Carbons are new and anything like the Carrerra's I have, in a few hundred hours they will sound nothing like they do now. Mine were pretty ratty sounding with the various frequency ranges sounding unacquainted with each other for well over a month - but eventually they get to where they should be and you've got magic! 

Using the Carrera BE speakers in a 12X16 room with my Rogue CM II sounds very nice in my treated room. Just added a Rythmik FT12Se even better.

@larsman if those Carbons are new and anything like the Carrerra's I have, in a few hundred hours they will sound nothing like they do now.

You are correct about the sound changing. I am at about 50 hours and it seems like the treble has suddenly gotten more forward and accentuated...less laid back.

@dsper - Indeed - when they are performing at the level they will get to, 'laid back' will not be the first phrase that enters your mind. 😁 Enjoy the break-in process - you'll get to that 'Eureka!' moment... 

FWIW, I am finding that higher efficiency, easier to drive speakers are a lot of fun. One is not obsessed with high power amps required to run inefficient speakers, so you can concentrate on the overall sound. 

For example, I had read about First Watt products and decided to try one. I picked the F7 because I was persuaded that the damping factor of the amp would do a good job driving the Forte iv woofer. 

It did that but also veiled the presence of the horns in the Fortes. The law of unintended consequences.

But the real learning for me is that I am starting to truly listen to what I am hearing. 

Anyway, the F7 is currently a good match with the Carbons. Interestingly, I can tell when the F7 gets warmed up after being shut off overnight. The sound changes for the better quite dramatically to my ears. I have heard that sort of things with tubes but not so much with solid state.