Hiatus

Being an addicted audiophile for many (too many) years, I found myself analyzing every parameter of my system and enjoying it less. I started listening less and less until I stopped listening altogether. 
I'm not sure how long the hiatus was, but when I gradually came back to it, I returned as a music lover again.  
How  surprised I am now at how beautiful the music sounds when NOT listening  for audio niceties.  This is true not only when listening to great sounding recordings but also to non audiophile releases, and enjoying them for the music despite whatever deficiencies they present. Even these latter recordings have some positive sonic  qualities that my system produces.

This is what enjoying your system is all about.

128x128rvpiano

Good for you, it's never too late! I never enjoy my audio system more than when I'm just listening to the music, which is what I'm doing most often now. The music elevates me, the audio system not so much. :-)

rvpiano: I've appreciated many of your posts over the years, but none as much as this one. By coincidence, I, too, have finally arrived at some kind of audiophilc stasis. After half a dozen superlative speaker systems in competition with my beloved Teslas, I finally acquired a pair of Magneplanar 1.6 QRs—a speaker technology I've been fascinated by for thirty years. And still, my Teslas prevailed. Now, it's back to the music, without any distractions regarding equipment: futile concerns that I might enjoy this more with X or Y. Such a liberation to stop thinking about the reproduction technology, and return to a full immersion in the thing reproduced: the music! I may now finally stop lurking on this site....

@rvpiano 

As I’ve aged, I can’t sit still that long anymore, although I try for one album a day.  Having said that,  I have music playing 4-8 hours a day, even if it’s just on ear buds.
I do still love finding that album where I can sit, close my eyes and smile from start to finish.

All the best.