A step to the side- Smart TV question

So I have an audio room. In that room I mounted A 55 inch smart TV for general Youtube viewing, rarely a movie and it is connected to my two channel music system. No gaming at all. I use the TV, usually as a side entertainment. Windows everywhere but with blinds. I’d like to replace this TV since it’s getting old in the tooth. Going up to 65 inch and wondering if any audiophiles have a Smart TV and what you like. In my living room I have an LG OLED that I like much more than the Samsung.I am leaning that direction but would like to know from the audio crowd. What do you have or what would you get?

128x1282psyop

Well folks the verdict is in. After looking at TVs at Costco, Sam’s Club and Best Buy (which are the only places around me to shop) I was in Best Buy for the third time and the LG rep was there talking to a salesman and made me an offer I couldn’t resist on one of the last two 65 inch LG OLED C2’s left in stock (sealed in the box). He said LG would back it completely. Now without offending any Samsung fans out there, that little bit of extra warranty care from LG went a long way since my experience with Samsung was very, very bad. It was considerably less expensive than the C3. All the Sonys looked fantastic and the price tag reflected that. But in the end I went with what I liked in the past ...LG picture, Web interface and remote. The deal was just too (mafia like) good.

Regarding the “smart” features, I strongly suggest not using the built-in apps and instead get an external box such as Apple TV, Roku, etc.  

Just replaced an old 50” pioneer plasma that finally died with a midrange 65” Samsung LED STV. I went with Samsung LED over Sony and OLED mainly for the Samsungs unique glare resistant screen combined with overall brightness capability in a brighter room. So. The room lighting consideration was a big factor in choosing, much like room acoustics is a big factor in choosing a sound system.