Bookshelf Speakers with the decent bass

Looking for the bookshelf speakers with the decent bass that would sound nice in 17'x 12' room. Listening preference:
Smooth/Uptempo Jazz; Acoustic Jazz and Ambiental music.
So far I am using Focal 807W Speakers and the NAD C356DAC.
Good sound, just missing "that" lover bass (hate sub woofers).
I really like how NAD sounds, especially after I replaced the
stock Pre/Amp jumpers. Nice open highs.
Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance
on yours opinions.
topten
Audioconnection , You assume you know peoples emotional states ? Your recent post is a emotional incoherent rambling. You like zd's brand recommendations . Fine, look closer at how he states them . Telling someone he will like the Vandersteen ? Never heard a more preposterous statement . Do you tell people what they will like too ?

You folks who shill specific brands repeatedly because you like them is strictly ego driven . Anyone can repeatedly shill a brand . Open your ears and minds .
Audioconnection , If you are going to chime in on Roxy54's recommendation of "the clue" being a clueless suggestion then give your own recommendation for the speaker the op should buy . You must have the "correct" answer with all that knowledge you have .
Zd the only one putting words in you mouth is audioiconnection. Again when you skewered roxy for his suggestion of the clue and said they are clueless you are speaking in absolutes. You go on to say that it is not that hard to get anyone to say anything about anything. How do you know thats what they are doing? What proof do you have of this? Why is your opinion passed of as fact on this? Further moore who the f#$# are you to say they are clueless if they like them? Roxy did not tell him to go out and buy the speaker he said people like them and maplegrove did not tell the op to go out and buy the actives he told the op to listen to some.

Then you go on to say there is no guarantee they will like actives....well no shit sherlock thats why its called a suggestion. There is no gaurantee the op will like anything thats been suggested including vandersteens thats why nobody here said run out and purchase this or that. Also I'm puzzled as to why you use sales of vandies as a baseline for customer satisfaction. Are you saying everyone who bought vandersteens kept them? Again how do you know this where do you get these facts? Bose has huge sales numbers as well so are we now to assume based on your logic they are in the same league? Adcom was the highest selling amp of all time too does that mean everyone the bought one still owns an adcom? Hell no.

And speaking of specs and measurements Johnny your telling us zd was using ja measurements of the clue to base hIs assertion that anyone who suggests them are clueless? So now we are back to zd's pet peeve which is blindly assuming how something will sound based on numbers vs actually listening? We should all buy are speakers and make recommendations now based on Johns measurements?

Again this sounds to me like speaking in absolutes. Idk maybe I'm wrong.