Question about suitable fuse metals

I've been wanting to experiment with audiophile fuses for a while but the cost and the concern of blowing one of these costly fuses has kept me from purchasing.  However, I read that solid slugs actually sound better than fuses and cost WAY less, so I purchased a 6" rod of 99.99 copper and, because I wasn't really thinking, also purchased another 6" rod of titanium.  I guess I was thinking of rhodium, palladium, or platinum, not titanium.   I had these cut down to 20mm and, so far have tried them in my amp, a Red Dragon S500, and my DAC, the Bel Canto 2.8, which I run direct without a preamp.   The titanium slug sounds pretty darn good in the DAC, noticeably better than the copper. I tried one in the amp as well and that combo did not work well at all.  The amp is doing better with the copper slug.  I looked up the electrical conductivity of titanium and found it is a rather poor conductor.  Is there any risk to the DAC using the titanium slug, given the poor electrial conductivity?  Thanks for any relevant input.

lcherepkai

Why not use silver slugs! Lower resistance than gold, copper or - God help us - titanium. Don't forget to try some vanadium - used in my steak knife!

Well, as long as you’re happy...

I always keep in mind that we are in the entertainment business. - Nelson Pass

jasonbourne71:  I'll look into silver slugs.  Not too sure I want to splurge for a solid silver rod but I'll look into it.  And the titanium actually sounds quite good.  The subtle inner detail is easier to follow without any brightness.  I know you think all this is snake oil but really, look at all the folks here who have EXPERIENCE with the likes of audiophile fuses, cables, plugs, outlets...... and swear by them.  Do you really think we're all delusional?  

@jasonbourne71 I suppose next you're going to tell me not to put nickles behind blown fuses in my main panel?  😂 

@lcherepkai Congrats on joining the sluggos. I use copper sluggs except in my tube pre where my QSA yellow sounds better for some reason. Kind of tames things down in a good way. I have nerver had a power plug fuse blow in my many years of stereo enjoyment. I have all the components on a power conditioner and don’t get lightning storms in my community. Also, everything is only powered up in my presence. I see it as very low risk and am willing to accept it. Copper sluggs really do sound much improved over expensive fuses. 🤞