Bookshelf Speakers with the decent bass

Looking for the bookshelf speakers with the decent bass that would sound nice in 17'x 12' room. Listening preference:
Smooth/Uptempo Jazz; Acoustic Jazz and Ambiental music.
So far I am using Focal 807W Speakers and the NAD C356DAC.
Good sound, just missing "that" lover bass (hate sub woofers).
I really like how NAD sounds, especially after I replaced the
stock Pre/Amp jumpers. Nice open highs.
Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance
on yours opinions.
topten
Zd542
I think that a lot of people (myself included) are tired of your habit of using a discourse on any subject as an excuse for being abusive. You alternate between bad puns and nasty jabs.
Maplegrove is right. It's just getting old.
Wtf?

Didn't sound like ZD was speaking in absolute truths to me... Seems that he has quite a bit of experience with powered speakers, and just gave his oppinions like we all do. He's right about Vandersteens too. I think quite a few people actually do like them.

Strange twist of thread; usually its not the knowldgeable ones arguing. I'm grabbin some popcorn and a chair.
I am really sorry to see that the thread caused the arguments. It is all about the taste and "the ears".

Any opinions on Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 SE Speakers.
Good reviews, but I don't know how they would sound with
the NAD.

For the owners of the NAD C356, just replace the stock
jumpers with the Cardas jumpers and you will get the great sound. Tight deep bass and the crisp highs. Even my friend
who is "just the tubes" thinks that the NAD sounds good.
Of course, any better interconnects would be great improvement but somehow the Cardas works the best with the NAD.
I think that a lot of people (myself included) are tired of your habit of using a discourse on any subject as an excuse for being abusive. You alternate between bad puns and nasty jabs.
Maplegrove is right. It's just getting old.
Amen to that Roxy54. I had a run in with this cat in another forum on this site. Now I don't know who this guy is, and I really don't care, but I do care when I am have a constructive dialog with an OP and he needlessly interjects. Further, in my case, he totally misconstrues the point I was making so that just indicates to me, this is some sort of compulsive behavior. I'll just leave it at that.