Bookshelf Speakers with the decent bass

Looking for the bookshelf speakers with the decent bass that would sound nice in 17'x 12' room. Listening preference:
Smooth/Uptempo Jazz; Acoustic Jazz and Ambiental music.
So far I am using Focal 807W Speakers and the NAD C356DAC.
Good sound, just missing "that" lover bass (hate sub woofers).
I really like how NAD sounds, especially after I replaced the
stock Pre/Amp jumpers. Nice open highs.
Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance
on yours opinions.
topten
If you guys are going to challenge me on an issue read my post first. Don't put words in my mouth.

"For the most part, my last post is a mix of personal opinion and common sense."

" I have yet to hear actives that can compete realisticly with well matched separates costing the same or less. To be fair, I most likely have different taste's than most. For example, I like Ayre for solid state."

"To sum up, regardless of the type of speaker you buy, active, passive, or partial, the selection process doesn't change. Buying an active speaker guarantees you absolutely nothing with regards to sound quality. And why should it?"

How exactly am I talking in absolutes here? Anyone who comes to that conclusion is an absolute retard.

04-12-15: Maplegrovemusic
zd is the king of quotes . Quoting peoples opinions and stating reasons why he thinks they are wrong . Getting very old quickly .

Some people would call that a conversation. And if you're not willing to debate an issue, then you're the one who speaks in absolutes.

"Just going to start giving him a taste of his own medicine.
Maplegrovemusic (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

You're not smart enough to do that.

"Aplogies for the rant I just think there is a lot of opinion expressed on here passed off as fact and it does this site and the members a disservice."

Except when it comes to you. Your guesses get to be facts.

"You like vandies as do many others for the various reasons you have stated on other threads. I dont care for them and the amount of other people who dont like or own them far out weigh those that do."

I have no idea what book you got those facts from. But if so many people have a negative opinion of Vandersteen, then how is it that the Model 2 is the best selling high end speaker in the history of high end audio? There isn't another speaker that even comes close in terms of units sold?

Maybe you guys should stop being a bunch of cry babies and put more effort into learning about audio. From reading your posts, its clear that most of you are lacking in this regard.
Zd542
I think that a lot of people (myself included) are tired of your habit of using a discourse on any subject as an excuse for being abusive. You alternate between bad puns and nasty jabs.
Maplegrove is right. It's just getting old.
Wtf?

Didn't sound like ZD was speaking in absolute truths to me... Seems that he has quite a bit of experience with powered speakers, and just gave his oppinions like we all do. He's right about Vandersteens too. I think quite a few people actually do like them.

Strange twist of thread; usually its not the knowldgeable ones arguing. I'm grabbin some popcorn and a chair.
I am really sorry to see that the thread caused the arguments. It is all about the taste and "the ears".

Any opinions on Fritzspeakers Carbon 7 SE Speakers.
Good reviews, but I don't know how they would sound with
the NAD.

For the owners of the NAD C356, just replace the stock
jumpers with the Cardas jumpers and you will get the great sound. Tight deep bass and the crisp highs. Even my friend
who is "just the tubes" thinks that the NAD sounds good.
Of course, any better interconnects would be great improvement but somehow the Cardas works the best with the NAD.
I think that a lot of people (myself included) are tired of your habit of using a discourse on any subject as an excuse for being abusive. You alternate between bad puns and nasty jabs.
Maplegrove is right. It's just getting old.
Amen to that Roxy54. I had a run in with this cat in another forum on this site. Now I don't know who this guy is, and I really don't care, but I do care when I am have a constructive dialog with an OP and he needlessly interjects. Further, in my case, he totally misconstrues the point I was making so that just indicates to me, this is some sort of compulsive behavior. I'll just leave it at that.