I am streaming , how can I play music when provider goes down.

1. Hello I have been streaming for awhile now ,and have  a 1T server with Flac files on it .  My question  is there anyway I could still play my music when my provider  spectrum goes down ,it can be quite disturbing especially when company comes over . Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated , no CDs as a option ,    thanks much ,and happy listening 🎶 🎼!!
128x128audioman58

Ok thank you gumbedamit I have 1Terabyte of Flac files on my Solid state 

drive  how could I access this to play ,and how can I pick out the music i want to play if say my ptovider Spectrum is down ?  
how can I choose ,access of the music ?

I am used to pick everything on my iPad .if I bought say a Innuous with a hard drive 

and streaming can I then maybe do this easier then my purpose built , computer ?

thanks all for the assistance 🙏👍

that is one of the reasons I have kept my legacy sources(turntables, CD, players, and even iPod docks). That is also why I have kept my albums and CDs.

You "network guys" are something else.

I did home automation, distributed audio, home theater, security, etc. for several decades. Each time I’d attend (required) vendor training sessions on networking gear, I considered myself an expert for at least 45 minutes after the session was over. Then it was back to what I did best: configuring devices that made noise, or produced an image.

It could have been childhood trauma, but the "networking" section of my brain didn’t fully develop. You guys who can sling data around a home (without dropouts and dead spots) deserve accolades and (financial) rewards. You’ve earned it. These days, devices that make noise or produce images don’t make noise or produce images without a stable, reliable network. You win!

Audioman:  if you are referring to your internet service, its going down should not keep you from accessing local files.  What you are seeing is that Roon stops working when the Internet is down.  What you need is a Roon alternative that plays local files from your network.

Foorbar2000 is one of the simplest.  J. River also well known.  Plex the most sophisticated from a network perspective.  The all take configuration and knowing basic network - like how to find a NAS over wifi or ethernet. 

If your fanless computer is Windows or Mac you'll be able to set something up that allows you to have a similar local file experience to Roon.  If you're using Rock or have a Nucleus (Roon OS computer) then you won't be able to use it for much else and you'll need another computing device of some sort.  Many streamers will support local files.

What you want to do is pretty basic to a digital audio veteran.  But yeah it's a new world from analog or if Roon was plug n play for you.  Try Plex...