Telos Mini Quantum Resonator (MQR) & Puron Filter together

So, I have been a big proponent of the Puron Filters, they have been an awesome addition to my system. I now have a total of 10 of them plugged into my 3 different dedicated lines. Highly recommended!

Recently, I have tried the new Telos Mini Quantum Resonator (MQR). It is close to the physical size of the Puron Filter and also just plugs into the wall, but it has a different look. Kinda nice looking unit. I now have purchased 2 of them.

I’ll cut to the sound quality comparison. While the Puron expands the soundstage the Telos MQR deepens the image. It adds a heft to the music. More meat on the bones as they say. But too many Telos’s (MQR) though and the soundstage gets hardened. Whereas additional Puron’s is a good thing.

Plugging the Telos (MQR as the Puron) into my Niagara power conditioners is still not a good thing. They benefit the most being plugged into the wall outlet that the conditioners are plugged into.

Now a surprising location for the Telos (MQR) was into the power strip in another room that powers my computer equipment. i.e., Modem, EtherRegen, After Dark Clock and power supply.  At this location, my streaming from Qobuz improved in overall sound quality. I’m thinking because in this power strip there are more digital nasties that this device goes after.

So, both units together do provide an added synergy. It is hard to use one without the other. I now have one Telos (MQR) in my main system dedicated circuit and another with my computer equipment.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

joenies,

Have you by chance been plugging the Puron into a power conditioner?

ozzy

Hello @ozzy 

No sir. The fourth time I used the filter it was plugged into the same outlet that feeds my outlet strip. Per another forum post on this subject I removed the MIT Z Stabilizer from my system, per your suggestion. I replaced it with an Audience Forte V8 outlet strip. Made a nice SQ improvement. My preamp, power amps and my I/O phono amp state in their manuals Plug into wall outlets only. Do Not use any type of AC conditioning. I’m ok with that. I have a wonderful sound stage. Great R and L channels, beautiful phantom center channel, very good width and depth, height is ok. Some tweaks work and some do not.

Hello @rsf507 

Thanks for the complement on the TT’s. I have not tried the Mini-Q’s. I’m on hold at the moment with any kind of AC conditioning or filtering. I just never found that any AC conditioner or filter improved the sound. I have tried but I haven’t tried everything. Sometimes with this hobby it’s a hit or miss. 
Joe Nies

"Some tweaks work and some do not."  

Very true since our equipment, room and preference is all different.

ozzy 

I understand from highly reliable sources that the Telos resonators are based upon  the QRT designs of Quantum Products, now Nordost. Further they ripped off the name and the product explanations are meaningless nonsense.

It;s best to go to the original folks for harmonic resonators.