It's almost like poll, but certainly more fun

If you had Rolex 2-tone Daytona, would you trade it for an audio component, system or would rather not trade it?

For me, personally, I'd still be in research of such component (far a lot easier task vs. researching a system) that will be equal or higher value and keep value same or better... It's darn HARD to look there for me and maybe I'd go to Guitar Avenue and find valuable components there.

You may get different or even better idea

DISCLAIMER:

I am not trying to trade any Rolex Daytona, I just want discharged chat here!

czarivey

@maghister,

As soon as I got ca$h, I buy...

I do buy musical artifacts. I prefer for instance Rolex or Patek instead of cash. Sometimes I like diamonds and certainly do like firearms, not because of their violent nature, but because of their overall value.

i understand you for sure even if i dont do it myself...

And i apologize for my "snubbish intellectual " post and as usual my too serious mood in your humorous thread.....😁

I was too  happy to take the occasion to talk "books"... 😊

Β 

Β 

@maghister,

As soon as I got ca$h, I buy...

I do buy musical artifacts. I prefer for instance Rolex or Patek instead of cash. Sometimes I like diamonds and certainly do like firearms, not because of their violent nature, but because of their overall value.

Β 

A Timex will tell you the time just as well as a Rolex but perspective matters. If I were a watch collector instead of an audiophile ,I would undoubtedly stick with the watch. If I just considered it a piece of timekeeping jewelry, I would sell it to get something more practical to me.

Disregarding personal likes and obsessions, IMHO, a two tone daytona will hold its value better. Also, depending on the exact model, and its particular provenance, the daytona will appreciate more and more quickly than most if not all stereo components. In general, again IMHO, stereo components, like most cars, are depreciating assets.Β  There are tricks and procedures, though, hence the hobby.

To stick on the Thread matter, i only buy pocket watch because i cannot put anything around my wrist, it annoy me...😁

And i buy the best value : chinese 1 bucks battery pocket watch from aliexpress...I stick one on my bike and i put another in my pocket...😁

Watch as dac are sometimes very overpriced....

The only watchs i really like are hourglass models...

They can be more expansive than rolex...😊

One hourglass from the Medicis or from Leonardo Da Vinci for example...

To see time flowing we need an hourglass...I prefer one hour duration hourglass then big one...

https://www.amazon.ca/Hourglass-timers-White-Black-Frame/dp/B06X9CGGCW/ref=asc_df_B06X9CGGCW/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=578910290399&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16379733334093763673&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000325&hvtargid=pla-414225150917&th=1