Cary SLI-80HS modifications

I’m strongly considering purchase of a new integrated amp. The Cary SLI-80HS is at the top of my list and I can’t find much information from people who opted for some of the available modifications — hexfeds, better caps, silver wiring, Greyhill volume control, improved binding posts.   I’m leaning toward getting all of them.  Opinions? 

Also, I’ve read that SS rectifiers can remove some of the tube “magic”.  What about in this specific model.  I’ve owned a 2009 era SLI-80 for almost 10 years so I am very familiar with the sound and improvements due to rolling tubes. I previously used a Plinius 9200 SS amp but got hooked on the sound of tubes.

BTW, I’m also considering a LTA ZOTL 40+ integrated but am a little concerned about its synergy with my beloved first-order crossover speakers, Meadowlark Osprey Gen 2.  

My most used equipment includes Aurender N150 streamer, Chord Qutest DAC with a Hugo M-Scaler, Cardas Golden Reference interconnects, Shunyata power cables and conditioner. Sadly, due to the living room location I must use a very long run of Nordost Super Flatline II cable (27 feet).

I’m looking for improved leading edge on plucked string instruments, especially basses, excellent timbre on everything.  90% of my listening is instrumental jazz, the rest is classic rock.  

txp1

@pehare Bummer!    I recently moved both my new amp and my old SLI-80 and the new one seems quite a bit heavier but I haven’t weighed them (obviously!).

@txp yeah, no doubt.  Curious what screws did Cary say work to fill in the cage hole screws and what did you use?  It'll be interesting to hear about the side panels as well, enjoy!

@pehare 6-32 threads ¼ inch length.  They get theirs from DB Roberts. I found 18-8 SS black oxide pan head Phillips drive screws on Amazon. Inexpensive and fast.  They look more like button head screws to me.  They look fine in the amp’s cage screw holes.  Those tiny screws are only very slightly magnetic so I couldn’t use a magnetic screwdriver and my fat fingers had a very difficult time with them.  I managed to get two in and gave up on the other two.  My wife came to my rescue and she had them installed in 90 seconds!

@txp1 Cool thanks for the info.  Looks like Cary used allen head screws like on the side panels according to manual as a kind poster just responded to your other thread about side panels.