Will Origin Live Conqueror tonearm fit my Rega RP10's skeletal plinth?

I'm considering replacing the RB-2000 tonearm on my Rega RP10 (circa 2014 - 2016) with an Origin Live (OL) model, probably the Conqueror MK4, and all indications are the hole diameter for the 3-point mount should be identical, but I am concerned that my RP10's skeletal plinth may be too small near the base of the tonearm for the OL's oval or triangular "plate" or "frame" that appears in photos above and around the mount base (where the Rega arm has its bias force adjuster.)  If anyone on Audiogon has the Conqueror tonearm, could you take measurements of that part and respond?  Additionally, if you have the Rega RP10 table and have replaced the RB-2000 with an Origin Live arm, could you provide your experiences?  I'd appreciate it!  Mounting should not be a problem if the base is small enough to fit the plinth. The weight differences between the Rega and OL arms are within a pound or so and I expect the plinth can handle that. 

Thanks!

lgo-jerry

In General OL are a Company that are using Rega Geometry, as OL piggy back rode on Rega’s success as a marketable product.

The learning of any constraints on the Tonearms interface to a TT, is always worthwhile.

Learning of any constraints known of, about how a OL Arm Mounts on a Rega TT, is a worthwhile investigation, prior to selecting it as a alternative Tonearm. 

A friend who has a long-term history with OL Arms, had a purpose produced spacer in use, for one TT's in use with a OL Arm.   

Hopefully the requested info is supplied. 

Thanks. OL's tonearms will fit on more standard Rega plinths, but the skeletal series is quite different, that's why I'm asking.  I'm hoping another Audigon member that owns an RP10 and has tried this tonearm swap will respond. 

The RP10 as is, certainly is a good table. The current P10 iteration based on reviews takes it up a notch.

Unless you’re planning a future table upgrade, it seems like a waste to do such modifications and possibly loss resale value -even if you only have to do "minor" alterations? Sure, you may hear "improvements," but will the RP10 base be an optimum platform to exploit its capabilities?

I’d sell the RP10, and put the funds toward a "better" platform for the arm, or since you do like the RP10, get a current P10. Rega philosophy is "perfect" for what its designed for-just play an LP without audiophool techie obsession.

Just some armchair thoughts-IMO.

Tablejockey, I’ve considered that, as it is a good option and would give me two tables (I have plenty of components and speakers to put together another hifi system), but the tonearm may be the limiting factor in getting the most from the RP10. Have you ever read anything positive about the RB-2000 or the newer RB-3000 that didn’t appear to be a sales pitch? The general consensus seems to be that Rega arms offer "value for money" but are not top performers. I doubt that is true but cannot prove otherwise. Reviews in HiFi magazines are always in regard to the Rega tables with tonearms as packaged. The reviewers literally recite Rega’s words and offer little opinion of their own. Then again, tonearm manufactures are always claiming their arms are so much better than Rega arms... It’s misleading and an area of HiFi that should be more transparent to the consumer.