If I rip all my CD's to flac files do I still need a CD transport?

I'm in the process of ripping all my CDs to .flac files with Exact Audio Copy. If I see a verified rip with no errors, is there any point in considering upgrading my CD player? Would I be better investing is a quality streamer and DAC?

markcasazza

I ripped all my CD’s to FLAC using dbPowerAmp, now they are just decoration on the shelf. I have no CD player. Yes, get good streamer and DAC separates. Don't believe those who say streamers don’t make a difference, they are a critical link to good sound. Also, pay attention to the user interface software offered by the streamer. The best sound in the world is not worth it if the software is lousy. 

First you ask, "do I still need a CD transport" and then you ask, "is there any point in considering upgrading" the transport. Those are two different questions. Even with CDs ripped to a streamer or NAS, I think it’s still convenient to keep a CD player in the system.

I could not manage many, many , thousand books in my past big house with 10,000 albums.... One part were distributed in many rooms and many in the basement... 😁

I begun ripping lossless music files long , long time ago...I Know that 1000 cd are manageable, 10,000 less so... It is a 4 walls content...Add the many, many thousand books it is many rooms..

Luckily after all ripping , then when i sold my big three levels house, i ended in a one floor smaller one, i had no more cd player for a long time...

And i kept 500 fundamental books for the most part already read...... All the others are in files format with 2 ebook-readers... 😊

We grow old, what we own is memories of all of what we had read and listened to ...

There is no collections keeped under our tombstone... 😁

By the way nowadays with basic acoustics knowledge audiophile experience is at our arms lenght at low cost...

I invested in music albums and books all my life not in expansive gear...

I already know that synergy is important but for decades i had no money to buy gear, all goes in music and books... And trust me specialized books are VERY  expansive...

When i learned acoustics by experiments i learn how to create sonic heaven at peanuts costs ... This begun 12 years ago, but i understood really only with EXPERIMENTS 7 years ago more or less...

This is why my system cost speakers+headphone +4 dacs  1 amplifier  = under 1000 bucks and is a top system in the scale S.Q. /price ratio...

Then think again before throwing money on false upgrade... Especially dac... 😊