COINCIDENT FRANKENSTEIN 300B STEREO

Just purchased one of these beasts from Israel of Coincident (quite the gentleman).

I already have a few SET amps that buck the trend of little bass and dynamics that often get associated with S.E.T. amps.

The Frankie is a top notch power amplifier.  Not a good value.  Not a giant killer.  A true, top quality power amplifier period.

I swapped out the stock tubes and what happened next shocked me.  Of course the midrange is gorgeous,  But I did not expect the highs to sparkle and the bass to have definition, texture, and punch.  Sorry,  I intended to say PUNCH.

As always, speaker matching is a key and a stable 6 Ohm speaker will sound best - but these babies are the real deal.

BTW, they retail at around $2,500.

Disclaimer - I am not a Coincident dealer and have no affiliation with Coincident.  I am a NOS tube dealer.

P

128x128paul_lindemann

Coincident Statement line stage (101D DHT tubes and transformer volume control).

Charles

I received my Frankenstein 300B stereo several days ago and I totally agree with the above praise. The Frankenstein 300B Stereo is very well built and sounds very good. I'm very pleased with my purchase from Israel of Coincident Speakers.

@lak 

👍 Congratulations!!!

With appropriately matched speakers you’ll have many years of superb music listening experiences to look forward to.

Charles 

Post removed