I used to think pricey interconnects were snake oil...

But recently I had a chance to test my old free cables vs Audioquest Red River and then Mackenzie. The difference was subtle, but definitely there with each upgrade.

I guess reluctantly I am a believer now.

saulh

Over any other kind of cables, digital interconnects make the biggest difference in my setup. 

Post removed 

newbee

4,587 posts

……..

BTW I think the value of A/B testing is flawed, not so much in the theory but in the execution, and of little real value. FWIW.

100%. And not just for cables. For components as well. To properly assess the changes you need to have several listening sessions 3-4 days in a row each day with a new component only. Let everything settle including your initial reaction. Then go back to old component or cables. Whatever it is you’re evaluating. 
How I know this? I’ve made plenty of bad rush decisions only to realize days later that what I heard was different but not necessarily better. 

So to @newbee ’s point, A/B testing, blind or not, is bull 💩. 

Wire is just jewelry. A more honest assessment is like jewelry you like the look and feel - buy it!

Looks maybe, but kinda weird you'd be buying cables because you like how they feel.

The more I read of some of the things people believe the more I'm convinced that audiophilia is tantamount to religion. You can't prove things with facts or objectivity so you have to have faith. "I know what I hear." 😐