Rock and roll speakers?

Is/are there a brand/model of speaker that is better suited/build to play classic rock/hard rock and symphonic music fairly loud?
Speakers will be powered by two Sony 333 ES AMPS.
Budget is around 1500 dollars, preferably used, and I can rebuild or upgrade as needed.
Thanks.
rockanroller
Ray I see you have Magnepan and Klipsch. That would seem to have all the bases covered pretty well. I had Maggies for years and listened to everything on them. I would not call them "rock and roll" speakers though. I just heard the latest and greatest Maggies again this past weekend and though impressive with most everything. I'm still not sure I would call them that. Reason being that to me at least you have to be able to feel rock and roll speakers on occasion as well as hear them. With most any speakers using non dynamic drivers, its usually all hear and little or no feel in most cases. Its a subtle distinction but an important one for a rock and roller though I think.
I don't know.....my modded IIIa's and dual subs really do a great job playing all music....but rock and roll to me means grateful dead, pink floyd, talking heads and the like. There's not much black sabath or van halen going on I'm my listen room. So, for that matter, my system is very satisfying. IMO, because the Maggies are more accurate and extended it plays rock better that the Klipsch with subs. But the Maggies are not as durable...fussy with set up and is more picky about amplification. So for head bangers I alway recommend Klipsch.

BTW...sometime I run the Klipsch as a center fill like system in tandem with the Maggies. A bit low in level but just enough to fill in the mids a provide a little more slam. Believe it or not it works really well.
Also, my system page needs to be updated. I'm running rogue M120's, Audible illusions m3a, thorens td 850/mitchell techno/origin live ultra motor/Benz glider. The heresy's are powered by a GTA SE40 (soniccaps plus upgrade) melos sha1.

I'll get around to updating my page.
In an ideal world all speakers would play all kinds of music equally well. In the real world, it's sometimes a bit different.
The usual musical demands of Metal and typical chamber music can be quite different, and the same can be said for other musical genres as well.
When compromises need to made due to budget and/or space limitations, there are different speakers made with different balances of sonic assets and deficits . As no speaker at any price has yet to achieve perfect balance in all regards, it not surprising that at the lower end, the balances might be, well, less balanced. To ignore these differences can lead to less satisfaction for different purchasers with different priorities.
"Musical demands" on speakers have far more to do with output levels than styles of music, and to say that "no speaker at any price has yet to achieve perfect balance in all regards" is silly...any well designed "full range" system will play anything well, and the best play everything VERY well even at annoying levels. This is the real world...mini monitors with subs will do serious Rock and Roll and large, horn loaded, high output speakers can make softer chamber music sound amazing...I've used both types for decades and can verify this as fact. I say ignore preconceived mythology and understand that size matters (amp output, driver capability) for output level only, and recordings of even the same style can vary mightily in output...I have jazz piano trio recordings that require me to turn the sub down as the bass and kick are too hot, and electric bands that require a boost...but to think musical style will be challenging to a system based on style itself is not thinking at all.