Rock and roll speakers?

Is/are there a brand/model of speaker that is better suited/build to play classic rock/hard rock and symphonic music fairly loud?
Speakers will be powered by two Sony 333 ES AMPS.
Budget is around 1500 dollars, preferably used, and I can rebuild or upgrade as needed.
Thanks.
rockanroller
I'll second or third the recommendations for the classic Klipsch speakers, with a special soft spot for the Heresey model. I thought they sounded just as good as the Forte, but were much smaller and easier to live with.

My own, personal opinion, I hate Cerwin Vega.
That pair of snell c5's is what I would be looking at; I have a friend in Minnesota that owned a pair and only played classic rock music on them and I thought they always did a great job.
I play the listed music as well and find my nola ko's and soundlab m2's handle it with no problem; exception is the price is higher than the question but if you can find used maybe the price might work.
Thank you all for the inputs. Very informative.Seems like a good amount of answers are pointing towards Klipsch or JBL. I will look around and try to listen to different models.Keep the opinions coming.