Crossing Left and Right Speakers

Someone in, I believe Audiogon, recommended the Audio Analyst and I checked him out.

He stated that crossing left and right speaker can affect soundstage. How can that be? wouldn't it just reverse the left and right sides of the soundstage?

How could it do anything more?

Curious,

TD

128x128tonydennison

They specifically said, Pre left to Right Amp.

Well then that's weird. :D

Sounds like something out of Dr. Strange  if he kept messing with time.

All the best,
Nonoise

@gregdude - Comparing how stereo speakers function to having two computer monitors that are setup so the mouse goes around the outside rather than across the middle is pure genius.  You have made my day!

p.s. You might see about getting into audiophile marketing.  There's a place for you in this industry.

@newbee

:-) I am totally completely unequivocally IN phase. Further I never had any issues with sound quality. I heard the statement made in a YT video and I can’t see how it would make a difference. I tried it and it does make a difference. I don’t have any issues with my phase 😂

If I wanted to be out of phase I would just switch the phase on my source. I can tell what out of phase is.

@decooney 

Are you guys trolling me?

I don't have a problem with phase, I don't have any problem whatsoever with my sound. I heard in an you tube video that switching the R speaker into the left and vise versa would create a change. I would assume it would just be a mirror image, but it isn't.

I don't have any confusion on what putting a speaker out of phase would do, and I wouldn't be surprised at all that putting a speaker out of phase would in fact put that speaker out of phase.🤣