How cam Morrow Audio keep offering 45%-65% discounts for trade-ups?

Not only that I get weekly emails about sales. Lately titled "Christmas in July".

I’ve done the trade-up a few times, but I’ve got to say, I can’t fathom how they can profit with discounts as huge as those.

Are they selling off used stuff as new?

Another thing, has anyone dissected a cable to see what's in it?

Ag insider logo xs@2xmpathic8

Uh, the same way PS Audio does it- when you're the manufacturer and you control (and keep) all the margin and you set the "MSRP" at whatever number you can then there's ton's of built in margin to play with on trades/discounts etc. 

I do have a couple of good friends that own audio shops and cable mark ups are just anything else, 30-40 basis points, higher discounts on dealers that can buy larger amounts at ordering time. The reality is they have to keep the doors open to run a business, there are holding cost, marketing, setup, advice(take that with a grain of salt).  I buy both new and preowned as I am a gear guy so the Morrow cable owner does this for income let him do as he wants and buy or don’t buy but forums aren’t the place to knock capitalism as those of us that have jobs work for people that fund our paychecks so rightly deserve to make a profit.

I have Morrow MA4 balanced interconnects and was very happy with the improved sound in my system.  My comparisons are limited so I won't make any claims that they are the best cable ever.  I picked them up the last Black Friday sale which put the level of cable that I was interested in at a price point that I was willing to spend.

I did actually reach out to Mike via email to "challenge" his marketing strategy because I feel like it devalues the product.  The constant sales essentially set the value at the lower price.  Paying anything above 30-50% off is just a lack of patience.  Mike responded that a lot of customers like to buy things on sale so that's the strategy they have chosen to take.

I found it very interesting that my balanced MA4 cables cost exactly the same as the unbalanced, but have double the internal wires so clearly the material cost is insignificant to the price point.  I guess getting balanced cables on Black Friday sales is the best deal!

Morrow Audio cables are excellent cables FOR THE PRICE, but remember the MA4 interconnects (Mike Morrow suggests starting with the MA4s) are only $155 a pair with the sale. Will these compete with $500 or $1,000 cables? Most definitely not. But they do compete successfully with comparably priced high quality cables from DHLabs, Zavfino, Lavricables, and Supra......which are all great cables for their reasonable price; which I also own.

I own MA-4 interconnects (RCA and XLR), and their SP3 speaker cables, and they perform very well in my "mid fi" system. Calling Morrow cables crap is just plain ridiculous, and have you actually tested them? Eventually I will replace them as I upgrade the rest of my system for sure.