Harbeth speakers vs Audionote

Hi Goners!
I am interested in hearing from owners of either brand who may have auditioned both before making their choice...
I would like to know what it was that made you decide on one vs the other...
I have heard both for a second set of speakers and I am stuck!
My system is solid state integrated and the room is 18 x 15 x 11 ft.

Thanks,

Azjake
128x128azjake
02-17-15: Larryi
…….The Harbeths have a tighter, more accurate bass response and deliver a reasonably detailed and lively sound while being on the warmer side compared to many current speaker designs. My only big "issue" with the sound is that there is a slight raspiness or sibilant edge to vocals, but, other listeners like that little bit of crispness to the sound…….

Really? I've owned Harbeth m30.1's for 2 years and they have amazing vocal quality - and highs in general. Free of any sibilant edge unless present in the source. This is one their greatest strengths in comparison to 'hifi' speakers IMO. The C7es3, which I previously owned for a couple of years was perhaps less gorgeous sounding than the 30.1 - but still plenty good.
I use a solid state pre/power.

Can't comment on the Audionotes, but nice speakers by all reports.
I have owned the Harbeth HL5, and the AudioNote ANe, and enjoyed them both. As with any speaker, placement matters. With the Harbeth, I ran a Naim integrated, and then a Mastersound 300B. The AudioNote sounded quite wonderful with the 300B. But ultimately with both speakers the sound was very homogenous, and became a litlle boring to my ears.
The Zu DruidV that I have owned for a couple of years now are so much more vivid, and seem to convey emotional content more effectively.
Wellington Audio in Florida carry both. I have had a pair of AN-J's for a little while, but they did not work in the very small room I had them in. At that point, I sold off the (2nd) system they were in, but have kept the AN's. They have been sitting looking gorgeous in Makassar finish, but I have yet to set them back up. I was driving them with an LM 211, budget SS phono, and a WT Amadeus/ DV20X-L. My feeling is they may have deserved better all around, perhaps an SET or an OTO sig.... I can't seem to bring myself to sell them!
it is very funny, but the same choice is now in front of me. Harbeth or Audio Note - this is a question worthy of Hamlet
I heard both lines recently at Deja Vu Audio in Northern Virginia. Not an apples to apples total system comparison but The larger more costly Harbeth 20.2 with CJ amp demo left an impression on me while smaller AN system was fine but nothing special especially for the price.  The sound was somewhat muddled in comparison.