AI and the future of music

Last night’s 60 minutes featured a deep look at Google’s new AI program BARD. Frightening, yet compelling.

It got me thinking, if their AI has already read everything on the internet, and can create verse, stories, etc in seconds…What could it do for music?

‘Hey , BARD create a new Beatles like song from the Rubber Soul era, but have Paul Rodgers and Jack Bruce singing”.

“Hey BARD, create a song that will melt the heart of my new girlfriend”.

your ideas?

128x1281111art

The Writers Guild of America with its 11,500 members went on strike at the start of May.

One of their demands was that the use of AI would be limited in the future for screenwriting purposes.

As an outsider it's difficult to see how they can get the other party, the Alliance of Motion Pictures and Television Producers, to agree to this.

Anyway, it should be interesting to see how this eventually pans out.

In any case, if they were going to do this, then obviously the sooner they did, the better their chances of getting some concessions.

The increasing use of AI is certainly a hot topic right now.

Interesting news! thanks for sharing...

For the time being A.I. is not the problem, it will be later; now the problem are those who use and control it for their agenda, not the common good...

To the extent that we all at times act and think mechanically (as Jiddhu Krishnamurti used to say) then we have been living with artificial intelligence for darn near forever already.

You are not a sleepwalker bolong ... 😊

You are completely right...

It is why people think A. I. is a MERE tool...Thats all...

A great book about this is "the Master and his emissary" by Iain Mc Gilchrist,... It is the shorter version of his last 1,500 pages book... It is a neuroscientist...

He studied the way the attention work in the brain...

In simplistic term you have one half of us who live in a map not on the terrain..

Living in the map we reduce the terrain to details we wrote in the new maps without being conscious of the whole terrain out of the map... We sleepwalk as robot in their map...

It is a caricature of his main point about the two modalities of the conscious/subconscious/unconscious attention working...One modality is centered on details and their abstraction , the other look at the periphery and on details as part of the whole out of any possible  map...

In sleepwalking mode, even very intelligent people , see the A. I. as a mere tool and see those who see more are against progress...Luddite so to speak... They are unable to get the point we spoke about... The spiritual problem is invisible for them...

See the debate between Josuah Bengio and Yann Le Cun ... 2 very smart A. I. designers one listening his non mechanical intuition and the other not at all...

It would be comical like a Laurel- Hardy movie, but it is a tragedy in the making...

To the extent that we all at times act and think mechanically (as Jiddhu Krishnamurti used to say) then we have been living with artificial intelligence for darn near forever already.

«Men jail themselves in a cell which is  perfectly measured and described in their maps, but there is no  borders nor any cell in the real world»-- Anonymus  "anthropologist on mars"