Question: Sub with Fs 54, but response remains above 95dB down to 27: How can I best build

I read a lot of stuff on here from guys a lot more experienced than I, so I'm hoping someone might know some answers. I've got a driver with free air Fs at 54 1w/1m, but free air response remains fairly even down to 27Hz above 95dB, and my question is how effectively can I extend response down to 27? And if so, with what type of cabinet would you recommend? Bass reflex, passive radiators, corner horn,...? What would prevent the cabinet from going down to 27? What would I have to do to make the cabinet reach below 27, to 23-25? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share.

hsbrock

Just be careful to brace this 7 cubic foot box. This will be a big box, over 2 feet in all directions, if a cube. Without a lot of strong bracing you will loose a lot of driver energy to flexing the enclosure.

Thanks @koestner. I am realizing this more importantly than ever. In the past 24 hours I've read in one JBL Speaker Manual sent to me by @ditusa to use 2x4s for bracing (not just little lengths of MDF), and another technically authoritative source said that adequate bracing can make a difference of 3 dB in volume, which to me suggests the wood cabinet can absorb up to 50% of an amp's power in large cabinets, and that's absorbing half as much vibration as the voice coil is producing, which makes sense. I've never appreciated this fact before.  

This is a bit of a story, but who else but you guys would appreciate this? A while ago my friend built a big coffee table sub with an 18" down firing driver. He got it all completed and wired up. On top of the table/sub he had a large heavy glass ash-tray. When the first bass notes kicked in the ash-tray flew up in the air about 5 inches. He thought it was awesome! But I reminded him, where did he think the energy to launch that ash-tray was coming from? I told him to remove the driver and brace the box a lot. After doing that the ash-tray stayed put. The braces made a huge difference in driver output.