DCS Scarlati v Esoteric P-01,D-01

Hi,
Has anybody out there had the opportunity to do an A/B comparision between the full blown DCS Scarlati system and the Esoteric P-01,D-01 & GO,s 5 box system.
midkent
There are three different VRDS-Neo transport mechanisms. They are VK-0 (used in the Esoteric P-01), VK-3 and VK-5 (used in the dCS Scarlatti). The latter is optimized for SACD playback. The VK-0 is not used in any other products than the Esoteric P-01 and is the top model. The new Wadia 971 will apparently include a Wadia modified VK-5 and should including the Series 9 decoding computer be a top contender for the very best alongside the other options mentioned.
I believe Rhagen is mistaken. The dCS Scarlatti does not use the VMK-5 mechanism, which has a composite tray. It likely uses the VMK-3, similar to the P03 or current generation X-01D2. Audiofeil's comments on the P-01 are accurate -the VMK-0 mechanism is currently only used in the P-01 transport. However, the first generation X-01 and UX-1 also used the VMK-0 mechanism. I know as I had the P03, UX1 and X01 all in house with the chassis open and the differences are readily apparent (using the Esoteric PDF detailing the mechanisms as a guide).

The dCS Paganini uses the VMK-5 mechanism but with a custom aluminum tray.
How many years have "high end" cd & sacd mfg's been using cheap transports? ..and we have been accepting them (yes, I have a MF kW SACD I use as a door stop). (I remember my first high end $4,000 cd player with a cd rom drawer...). I give Esoteric kudos for coming up with what they have, identifying the problem, and giving us top shelf transports--and even improving on them. Yes, I know the drill--licensing, sony/phillips--hogwash. It could have been done years ago but it wasn't. Sorry my rant is (slightly?) off topic.
I have a copy of a PDF document entitled "Esoteric Transport Comparison", downloaded from Esoteric's website.

I also have a Scarlatti transport.

My view is that the Scarlatti has the VRDS VMK-1.1 transport.

The Absolute Sound was wrong to assert that Scarlatti has Esoteric's "top-of-the-line" VRDS. That is the VMK-0. It is reserved for the P-01 transport (as Audiofeil has said).

However the VMK-1.1 (also used in the PO-3, X-01D2 and UX-1Pi) is no slouch, and its engineering is miles ahead of any other transport bar the VMK-0. It has the same 20 mm solid steel bridge, well-sized bearings (ceramic rather than steel) and is in the same range of solidity to the VMK-0, without being quite as hefty.

The lower VMK-5 is a noticeably less extreme construction.

Until someone who actually knows (ie works for dCS or has seen inside the Scarlatti) cares to comment, that should be the last word.
and how is the sound?

I have now heard both, the Scarlatti is fare the better one, more resolving and always musical.