iPod docking station - Belkin vs Wadia vs Arcam

Lazy and looking for an affordable (i.e. cheap) iPod docking station to play music thru my audiophile system. Don't want to have to invest in a DAC. Understand that the Wadia unit requires a DAC. I'm aware of units sold by Arcam ($300) and Belkin ($100). No remote with the Arcam. Anyone have any experience with these units?
rockyboy
No, you don't need a dock. But, if you want great sound out of an ipod to a good system, the Wadia gives you what the Ipod alone (or the Ipod with other docks)can't.
Dreadhead,

Do you have a miniplug into the headphone output and then to RCA plugs? You would do better with a custom cable - iPod male dock to RCA. This bypasses the crappy headphone amp in the iPod. I use one from Ken Ball at Audio Line Out.

Less is certainly more; but it's not that cheap. ;-)

Regards,
Metralla, yes the mini plugs into the headphone jack. As I said before I am using a Cardas cable now that was made for the iPod but also had excellent results with the Kimber Kable as well.
I only brought this up because the poster of this thread says he does not want to get a DAC with the Wadia. It is my understanding that without accessing the digital feed via a DAC first then there is really no need for this docking station. I just got a great deal here on Audiogon for the Wadia and a 160 gig iPod and I am looking at the Benchmark, Bryston, PS Audio line of DACs to complete my set up.
Noshortcuts, in the Oct. 2008 issue of Stereophile Wes Phillips states in his review of the 170i and I quote "if your going to listen solely through its analog outputs, you could buy an iPod classic AND dinner for two with $330 you save by buying a bog-standard iPod docking cradle. The digital output is the real deal." My point is the same. No DAC? Why bother.
You are absolutely correct Dreadhead. No DAC? Don't bother with the Wadia.

Regards,
I heard Pure-I20 is also a good candidate and it has a lot of rave reviews from a lot of people:-). I just ordered one for $99 and can't wait. You can google to find out more.