Increase price for Vandersteens

Hi,

I see the price of the Vandersteen 2 and 3 models went up recently.

I know Vandersteen does updates/refinements to his speakers and does not always advertise the changes.

Im curious if updates are responsible for the price increase?

Thanks
128x128jb45
Thanks Johnny R for the clarification. Problem is that I think inside the box. :(

As you know by now, I am a believer in speaker time coherence and the basic design objective of Vandy speakers. However, as we previously discussed, many rigs are plagued by crummy rooms. I sadly admit that my basement/sound room rings the Crummy Bell.

Fortunately, the DEQX PreMATE "tamed" the worst aspects of my room and brought a measure of time coherency to my speakers: better but not perfect.

Regards,

Bruce
Guys-

we must be careful about these companies that continue to "raise" prices. They are covering their asses from the previous year and hide under so-called parts, labor...etc umbrella. This is no excuse, the cost of hifi gear has never been higher. Even the cheap stuff is high (read: over-priced). Buyer Beware. Happy Listening!
Jafant, IRT Richard, he's been in the business as long as nearly anyone left. He's known for bringing some of the best bargains to the history of audio. Most of his increases are minimal for the less expensive speakers. HE's learned what trade offs people are willing to accept. Is he allowed to make money? I think that each time he's raised prices, he's upgraded the speakers or come out with a new model, i.e. the CT line. He's small scale and has to recoup the R&D costs too. Don't you really need to look at a speaker and ask.....what's the best one in your price range? If that's not a Vandy, then buy elsewhere but if it's a Vandy, then pull the trigger and love your music. JMHO