Esoteric N-05XD opinions please

Hi all,

I’ve been considering the esoteric N-05XD as a streamer cum dac. I don’t want to go with seperates. Will probably add a melco or innuos server down the line for local storage. And will run the esoteric off the ethernet player port of these servers.

I currently have a esoteric K-01 Sacd player. I plan on connecting it to the N-05XD via coaxial. And sync them both with a Teac CG-10M master clock. This might bring the sonics of my aging cd section to date.

I always found the dac section of K-01 to be a detail hound. And leaning onto the analysis side in my system. I believe esoteric have moved away from that sound signature with their master discrete dac implementation. Thus, wanted opinions from folks who own one or have auditioned one. Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks and best regards

Mike Y

wrxsti
Post removed 

@doboree

Hearty congratulations on your new acquisition :)

Bet it sounds fantastic :)

wrxsti

What other gear is in your System? Esoteric is a sonic match for Accuphase and Conrad Johnson, as both brands, add a measure of warmth that will off-set any analytical interpretation.

Happy Listening!

Hi @jafant 

Unfortunately I dont have anything from Accuphase or CJ. My preamp is a passive from MFA, and my main amps are LM 503PA from Line magnetic. The LM amps helps smoothen things out, and with the combination of the passive pre preserves enough detail with a tinge of warmth. Just the way i like it :)

I also have a preamp from T+A, a P1260R, but I prefer the MFA passive for its slightly better clarity. I either spin CD's or stream from a Lumin U1X. I also have a vinyl rig which sees much use.