Best Tube Amp for High Sensitivity Speakers: 45, PX25, or 300B?

I am looking to change / upgrade my tube amp.  I have a good, all-purpose Primaluna EVO 400.  It employs the EL34's and has a nice sound, especially in the ultralinear mode. Other components:  streaming from Innuos Zenith MKIII to Lampizator Atlantic DAC.  Everything playing through Daedalus floorstanding speakers with a 96-97dB sensitivity. Currently, my office / listening room is on the small side: 12'L x 16'W x 8' H, but I'm building a new listening room on our farm where I will later upgrade some components to fit a larger room.  Now, here are the tube amp options I am looking at:

Audion Silver Night PX25  8 Watts.  Very popular among some, touting a slightly more balanced, dynamic sound over the 300B.

Swissonor 45 SE  or  Tektron TK One 2A3 / 45 i   The 45 is the low wattage (2.5W) but sweet tone alternative. Considered by many to be one of the most musical out there. Of course, its low power makes it more restrictive, only efficient with high-sensitivity speakers and in more small-to-moderately-sized rooms.  It might be great in my current office but would have to work harder in a larger one later.

300B Integrated Amp, Make / Model not yet determined.  8-10 watts.  Of course, the 300B is making a big comeback and has wonderful characteristics, especially in the midrange and especially with certain genres of music such as acoustic, vocals, jazz, etc.  I heard one opinion from someone with a history of work in sound production, "The 300B is great if you just want to listen to a female vocalist with a guitar." One take on it.

Adherents of the PX25 and 45 tend to regard the 300B as a nice-but-limited cousin. I honestly have no experience with any of these three tubes.  I moved from SS to tube with the PrimaLuna, a well-built amp that I have increasingly felt carries some limitations that other tubes--more focused specifically on higher sensitivity speakers--would open up the sound in the lower frequencies and some tone qualities all around.

Any opinions would be welcome.

gregjacob

Aavik Class D integrated are revelatory as well. Those who gave them a listen had their prejudice about Class D completely shattered. 

Yes, a lot of class D amplifiers in the last 20 years were pretty effective at giving class D a bad name. These days there are class D amps that give any tube amp more than a run for its money. I've been playing a set for the last 2 years and don't miss the tubes at all- I have the same organic, liquid mids and highs and plenty of impact in the bass and its actually easier to hear what's going on in the rear of the sound stage. No tradeoffs!

I would purchase an amp that can drive any speaker you may get in the future as well

the line magnetic 805 sounds amazing is built with premium parts is affordable and has enough powerfor most loudspeakers they are well built and smoke prima luna

Daveand Troy

Audio Intellect nj

line magnetic dealer

@redox44 I had a Tektron that had heater voltages for 45, 50, 2A3, and 300B and I loved it.  Sold it to a friend who loves it a lot.  Great amps.

jerry

A friend with very sensitive (99db) wide baffle speakers with Beyma AMT tweeters has a Coincident Dragon mono block amps which sound amazing. You might take a look at their site: https://www.coincidentspeaker.com/mpsip_amps.html

Look up Radu Tarta  one of the best tube designers in all North America 

specializing is SET 300 B amplifiers using Lundahl transformers and chokes 

as well as many custom super high quality parts ,built to last a lifetime 

and a Huge cut above his prices are actually less then name brands with far superior build quality .he has built me both Amplifiers and preamps ,

beung in a multi state audio get together ,you can get as custom as you want 

Power coated front and top plate with even pinstriping. If you want That from 

front panel express , not cheap but built to whstever you want and uses the finest Khozmo volume attenuator and input digital read out  A+ quality roughly $5k on up 

and Tubes as much as you want to spend , Western Electric 300b ,Taks from Japan  KR , as I mentioned before your budget dictates the options ,A Giant step up think Bentley Quality for decent name brand priced ,not China !!