Marantz SA7S1 owners - stock or modded

Looking to hear from any Marantz SA7-S1 owners with either stock or Underwood Mod's. I have a modded SA11-S1 and am wondering what I'm missing.
jgwilson
i think the marantz is too focused and resolving, definitely not relaxed in its presentation. there is no absence of detail. it is ironic that two people have such diametrically opposed views of the same component.
Post removed 
I find the SA7-S1 "relaxing" and easy listening for extended periods of time. It is not overly focused, clinical, or analytical.

IMO, owners of Audio Aero, Audio Research, and Cary will find the SA7-S1 quite enjoyable.

Wadia, Krell, and EMM owners may not.

I sell none of these products.
I found marantz sa11s1 very precise, overly focused and digital sounding comparing to my audio aero capitol reference se. some days i like marantz and some days i enjoy capitol. both are totally different sounding players.if you ask me to sell one player, i will sell marantz. i have not listened to sa7s1
You hit the nail on the head...the sound may change and you may not like it...note the sound changes does not make it better IMO.

Buy a new unit if you don't like the sound of your current unit. At least you can take the unit home and listen to it before you buy.

Your room is the #1 issue that needs care that will impact the over all sound of your system, more then speaker wire or interconnects.

I am still amazed that moving two ASC panels about 4" on each side wall behind the speakers could make the whole system shut down and dead sounding.

Work on your room before you judge your system or any piece of gear. The Marantz SA-7S1 is about dead natural what of the best sounding units ever made to date.

If you can afford it, you should be very happy with it.