Final? ARC Chapter...

128x128mofimadness

I took the "click bait" on this. It's not the end, its a new beginning and a continuation of a storied brand - the fact that an enthusiast purchased it is even better. I'm sure good things will come of this and perhaps ARC's new product line will broaden a bit and become more attainable to lure newer audiophiles into the brand rather than counting primarily on selling 15k amps and pre-amps to a limited audience. I wish them all the best as losing the brand would be unthinkable.

Some pretty harsh critics on this thread.  ARC is a storied brand with a long pedigree for an electronics manufacturer.  I much prefer putting my money in a well known brand with a good reputation for service long after the sale.  I myself am reticent to purchase ultra hifi for big bucks from relatively new brands with little to no history.  Seems a risky venture.

Yes, we have seen the demise of some big names in hifi over the past decade or two as owner/founders failed to carry on their legacy.  It is making choices difficult for us hifi enthusiasts compounded by the lack of shops carrying high end audio.  I look at some high end manufacturers' websites and find even the most notable names have merely a handful of stores/dealers across the country.

Who cares. It’s their business to do whatever they choose. What’s with all the comments from the cheap seats? You all sound like a bunch of old ladies gossiping. Be better than that!

My thoughts that ARC needs some systems for the non-wealthy but want quality. Starting at 2k with an integrated. They should be able to do it. They also need excellent customer service or word will get out and be their demise. There are many people who love music that want good sound and it is a competitive market. There is money to be made at all levels.

2K for an integrated from ARC? That's pretty funny! It would be hard to believe it if they came out with one for twice that price.